This script can be used to start/stop/restart xotcl daemons
and maintains the process IDs, log files and means for easy
It receives as first parameter the name of the xotcl script
to be executed followed by the desired action and optional
parameters. The specified action can be
The optional parameters are:
- start: the specified script is started in
the background, an entry to restart is generated in
the run-directory as well as the process id of the started
script. In addition a logfile is created in the log directory.
If the start of the script fails, the error messages are
- startall: all scripts that were started before
via this script, are started
- stop terminates te specified script.
- stopall terminates all scripts started via this
- restart tries to restart the specified script.
- -logir specifies the directory for logging.
The default is ~/.xotcl/log.
- -rundir specifies the directory where
the information about the running processes is kept.
The default is ~/.xotcl/run.